During this weight loss journey I have tried really hard not to be dominated by the scale. Some weeks it moved quite a bit, other times it only moved down once or twice a month. I've decided it doesn't really matter, as long as I am doing my part to move my butt and to eat the right foods, it all is ok.
I plateaued at 35 lbs. I stayed within 2 lbs, up or down, for 2 months. 2 MONTHS!!!! I tried to keep the attitude that it was great practice for maintaining. Recently, I just got really mad, and decided to just beat the living snot out of those 5 lbs so I could hit the 40lb mark.
And, as of this morning, I have lost: 40 POUNDS!!
40 lbs. At the beginning this seemed so far away, and I still can't believe I've done it!
I recently joined a FB page, and am in love with a blog called ONE FIT WIDOW. She talks a lot about non-scale victories. So, for my 40lbs loss, I thought I would share some of my victories.
1. My cheerleader and walking partner, Amy, and I have shaved 5 minutes off of our walking time since we have started walking together.
2. That black butterfly print dress that has haunted me, hanging up in the closet..the one that I couldn't WAIT to wear again someday. I finally got up enough nerve to try it on again, and it now looks like a maternity dress.
3. My calves have definition. Holy Moly, there's a muscle in there!
4. The feeling of pure satisfaction first time I was out helping Danny do something and "Can you get it?..oh, well, never mind then."
5. The first time I climbed over a gate and jumped, landed, and ran, without even thinking about it. A year ago, I would have opened the gate to walk through and certainly would not have ran.
6. July 25th I did a 5K. And I finished it. No really...I have pictures:
Amy and I after! =)
7. I signed up for 10K for October 23rd and am very pumped about it! I REALLY wanted to do it, but was scared and a bit anxious about it, which told me I NEEDED to do it, so, I AM!
8. Wearing out a pair of tennis shoes. Not like "oh I think I should get some new shoes" type of wearing out, like "no tread left on the bottom, you pretty much are not even wearing shoes" type of wearing out. I've never worn out a pair of tennis shoes like this before, and I wish they could tell me how many miles I logged in those bad boys.
9. No soda since December 12th.
10. For the first time in my 34 years of life, I am doing this RIGHT.
Stay with me..this story is far from over! Bring on the next 40!!!
Monday, October 14, 2013
Posted by Becky at 6:23 AM