Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and THE DAY AFTER

">

What a great Thanksgiving!! Everyone came to our house, with the exception of Mom, who worked at the office.
I wasn’t sure if there was going to be any pies, however, as when I was baking my crusts, one of my pie pans exploded in the oven. Wow—that’s never happened to me before, and I am thankful the oven door was not open when it blew. Luckily, the store had a few frozen crusts left, so Thanksgiving was saved.
After the meal, I fell into a turkey induced coma on the couch while my men, E, K and little sister played Uno Attack.

Friday was the day. THE day. The day my sister and I had been waiting for over a year now. Nope, no Black Friday shopping for us. We headed to Dodge to see….New Moon! I am not a big movie watcher, so it’s really strange for me to be obsessed about seeing a movie! Those of you that know me know what a HUGE deal it was for me to go to DODGE on BLACK FRIDAY where I might encounter...gasp... a crowd!! I don’t admit this to a lot of people, but I am OBSESSED with these books and have read the series probably at least 10 times. I loved Twilight, but was a bit disappointed they didn’t completely follow the book. However, New Moon had a new director, and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It was exactly like I had pictured it in my head. M and I laughed when we counted *5* men in the entire theater. 3 of those 5 looked like they had been drug there against their will and were being held hostage. I also couldn’t stop laughing when one of the main characters, Jacob, takes off his shirt-- you should have heard the GASP that these ladies produced. The ENTIRE theater gasped!!! Well, gasped and squealed….you should have been sitting by my sister. SOME OF US just go for the amazing and wonderful story line! ;-) So the next movie is due out in June. I believe it will be in theaters right after we get back from vacation! June is going to be such a WONDERFUL month!!!


To my sister: I found this, just for you. Thank you for an amazing day yesterday. It was so much fun. Please get a towel before you watch this… I’m not going to be responsible for buying Dad a new keyboard after you drool and ruin his. ;-) ilvu!


">




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Chelle were able to share this time together, basking in your latest passion (mom IS rolling her eyes) lol I'm sure you will have a date with sis when it comes here too.