Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FREEZER HEAVEN

I am in  HEAVEN!!  Friday D went and picked our beef from the processor.  We have been waiting for the this for a long time!! It makes me happy to know the meat we are eating is antibiotic free and lived the life cattle should live...out in the pasture, eating grass, flirting with the ladies. 
I grew up on meat like this, but my family sold off the cattle years ago when my grandfather and  dad's health started deteriorating.  I've miss it! 
There was some worry that since the trip up to Dodge wasn't a pleasant one, that the meat would be bad, but we've had steak 2 different days and hamburger for lunch today, and it is AWESOME!!   I was in awe when I didn't even have to drain the fat off the hamburger after I browned it.
I know this sounds nerd-ish, but I keep opening the freezer, just to look inside it! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Isn't it SOO exciting to have your freezer full of your OWN beef?!?! Love it!

Melanie said...

Bring on the winter!! You will LOVE having that meat in there!! Enjoy it--hope it continues to look all nice and neat like that!!

Rhonda said...

Oh does that look good! That will be so handy!! I don't blame you for looking at it. :)