Friday, April 8, 2011

Frustrated

I really try to keep my blog a "happy" place, and not write about anything negative, but I am just incrediably frustrated this evening, and thought I'd see if writing would help ease some of it. I'm not even sure I am going to post this, so if your reading this, feel free to just skip this post, ok?

I am frustrated with this really strange place both of my children seem to be at the moment. I hate Jr High. Hate it. I barely survived my jr high-high school years and thought it was awful, but it's 1000 times worse when you have to watch your child go through it. Everything from the mood swings to the drama with friends--it all stinks. Can't WAIT for high school. HA!
My youngest isn't quite in Jr high yet, but his attitude is. He's exhausting me.

I'm frustrated with hectic schedules and appointments and our calendar that looks like a road map. I get like this EVERY spring around this time. Summer is sounding heavenly.

I'm frustrated with the people I feel only want to be around me when they want or need something.

I'm frustrated with my vacuum cleaner. Why can't they make things that last longer than a year or two anymore?

I'm frustrated with my kitchen and how it never ever seems to stay clean. And my carpet, and the mystery stains that just seem to appear out of thin air when I walk back into a room.

It just seems no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get THERE, wherever THERE is.

It's quite possible I have a very mean case of PMS...

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Tomorrow will be a better day!! With all the gray hairs that we are getting from these kids. .I know you'll appreciate one of my NEW favorite scriptures:
Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a virtous life!! Or this one. .Proverbs 20:29 THe glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old!! You're building character Bec. .hang in there!

Unknown said...

Spring is a very hectic time. I also hate Jr. High. Kids can be so mean to each other. And, I think they are in a very awkward stage. I hate watching it happen as a big sister! While we're on the subject of frustration...I ran over our puppy yesterday. Hang in there, Becky!

Sara said...

I think we all go through these phases...regardless of how old our kids are. There always seem to be an "awkward" stage that is very trying for us parents. What always amazes me about these little phases that I go through it that God always seems to put something in my path that makes me realize how many blessing I do have and just a little reminder that things could be so much harder than they are now! Hang in there...and don't feel bad about 'venting' on your blog...I do it all the time! :)

Rachel Brumbaugh said...

I just wanted to take a moment to say "Thank you" for being you!!!!!! Your gardening tips and suggestions are appreciated, I am 400 miles from my gardening budddy-my mama, and our texting sessions ease that homesick feeling! Love ya girl and chin up!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda said...

Ooh, I hear you on a lot of that, Becky. I think I've blocked out the jr. high years. LOL You hit the nail on the head with one of my peeves - when people only have anything to do with you when they need or want something. Grrr. Hope things are better by now. :)