Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Old School

I've known this little baby was in our house. I've moved it from place to place to place many times over the years, but never really thought much about WHAT it was.  My husband bought it when he was in the Navy,to photograph all his travels, and barely used it. And I don't think I've EVER seen it in action since we've been together.

Jake was snooping around the basement and found it.  So we bought new batteries for it, and are going to get some film.


I think Jacob and I are about to have lots of fun!!

It's hilarious. My kids think this thing is such an antique and can't begin to figure out film and winders and how it is "sooooo weird"  not being able to see what you caught until after you get your film developed. PUHAHA!



I've been having a great time playing with the zoom lens and REALLY need to read the manual. (Though I'm not sure I really will understand it.)

Hope you can still get film and get it developed around here!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You CAN still get film. .and a few people were still using it at the Wichita garden show!! I have thought about getting mine out and letting the kids use it. .cause it gets really great closeups. .but I hate that then you develop a roll of stupid stuff!! Enjoy trying that puppy out!! Looks like a super nice camera!

Rhonda said...

Very interesting!