Monday, April 4, 2011

The Teenager Invasion

I am the mother of a teenager. How on EARTH did this happen? It doesn't seem possible...

Though his birthday wasn't until today, we had a family get together Saturday evening. Pioneer Woman Chicken Fried Steaks (14!! of them), mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, birthday cake and ice cream.



For his main gift he got a white tail deer bed set from Cabela's from us and his grandparents. Another first for his mom. Who would have thought I would be ordering bed sheets with DEER on them..ON PURPOSE!  We are hoping to get his room painted in the next few weeks, but I'd be happy if it were done by the end of summer! HAHA He picked out a chocolate brown and a kind of camo green to go with his new "outdoor-hunting" theme.

Becoming a teenager means lots of other things will be coming up soon. Like this:



I'm off to buy hair dye! Have a great Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

It happened the same way that I became the mother of TWO teenagers. .I got old ;-(!! All things artificial are our friends!!! Happy birthday to Jake!!

Sara said...

I laughed out loud at your last sentence...so true!!

That cake is awesome...who made it? I wish I would have seen it earlier...Jeremy's birthday is tomorrow and with us being out of town, I don't think he is going to get a cake. Oh well, he probably doesn't care as much as I do. I think Preston's room at the new house is going to be a hunting/outdoors theme. I might have to come over and get some ideas.

Happy Birthday Jacob!

ragtime4361 said...

Corey's middle son, Colten, chose the hunter's theme for his room. Pretty sharp. There are some really cool plaques & framed art for the hunters...
Drapes for the windows...thankfully, the walls are a light tan, or we'd never find the boy....
Wait until your teenager today becomes a 40-year old...I think I blinked my eyes & it is happening to me!

Rhonda said...

I'm sure that was a special day for Jacob and all of you. Yes, the adventure is beginning! Like the "deer cake." :)