Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fishing With Granny G

Ahhh....the lake in June.  I'm not sure it gets any better than that!!   Last night we loaded up with my mom...aka Granny G...and sister M to do a bit of fishing.  D didn't get to go because he wanted to get the last of our new bunny cages hung.   The weather was perfect. The water was calm and the sky was that beautiful pink color. 

We didn't catch anything, in fact I don't even think we got any bites, but it was still fun.

On the way back into town we saw something in the road.  It looked like a small dog, but as we got closer we found it was SKUNKS!  A little family of skunks.  Mama Skunk was obviously trying to get them somewhere, and the car in the middle of the road had her frantic.  She was trying to get them to the other side, they would go the other way--she just couldn't get them to cooperate.   The picture came out blurry, but there was NO WAY I was getting out of the car to get a better shot!!  Baby skunks are adorable.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love the lake photos, but that skunk picture is something else! I wouldn't want to get out of the car, either! LOL

Melanie said...

Awesome photos!! Wasn't that sunset something else?? I yelled at Tristan to come out and get some pictures for 4-H--yours are better :-) Next time, I'm going to drop my hose and get some myself!! The last 2 nights have been fabulous! Better luck with the fish next time!