Sunday, June 27, 2010

D's New Leading Lady

Her name is Gloria.



She was an impulse pick up on our way back from our trip.  D is in love.  D talks back to her.  "Exit right in 1 mile."  "Oh GLORIA...thank you so much for your PRECISE and EXACT directions.."   Gloria keeps things on track, and doesn't measure distance in inches like me.  "How long till we change highways?" "Oh, about 2 inches."  Gloria also doesn't leave entire states out of travel.  I sadly had tried to connect highways from Mississippi to Georgia and we spent an entire hour in Mississippi looking for highway 20.  I forgot we went through Alabama.  D has always known I was a bit "map-special" but I think the seriousness of my disorder shocked and scared him....never again will I be able to go any where alone.

D and Gloria are registered at Radio Shack....

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh that is SOOOO pitiful!! Isn't rejection traumatic. . .especially being rejected for a girl that uses monotone?? I bet you'll get over it though!!

Rhonda said...

LOL!!! You are in some serious trouble in this relationship.

A funny thing ... Mom's name was Gloria! :)

the Provident Woman said...

My husband sure loves his. Her name in Nancy.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. My take on it is that obviously you need to go on MORE vacations, as your map skills vividly point out you have been deprived! Happy driving, Dale

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. My take on it is that obiously you need MORE vacations as your map skill vividly demonstrate you have been deprived! Happy travels, Dale